GamerLance Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GamerLance Forums

Welcome to GamerLance Forums, where you can discuss Video Games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Testing!!

Go down 
+3
Barney Stinson
Rusty
PeregrineMuon
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elements
Trainee
Elements

Badges Earned : IV-16 V-3
Pokedollars : 4421

Team Testing!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Testing!!   Team Testing!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Sawsbuck could work well with your team if you want a physical Chlorophyller since it gets things like Jump Kick, Nature Power, Wild Charge, Megahorn, and a few others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PokeWorldDP
JimmyCrystal
Trainee
JimmyCrystal

Badges Earned : Do we even have gyms anymore?
Pokedollars : 106

PostSubject: Re: Team Testing!!   Team Testing!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:28 pm

I noticed that Offensive Milotic was mentioned as a counter to rain dance. Personally, I would not prefer Milotic: My rain dance counters of choice would be Golduck and Gyarados. The former is the better option as far as a sunny day team is concerned; Golduck doesn't lose any of its water moves attack power when switched in with the sun up, thanks to cloud nine. You could also try to pull this off with Lickylicky, but I've had horrible experiences with it. So for Golduck, I can recommend two sets:

#1: Scarf Revenge Killer
Ability: Cloud Nine
252 att/Sp att, 252 speed
Adamant/Modest nature
Ice Beam/Cross Chop (or brick break)
Surf/Waterfall
Psychic/Shadow Claw
HP grass/Zen Headbutt

Basically, decide special or physical, and destroy stuffs that rely on weather. Can KO some other stuff too, but Golduck isn't the strongest, especially if you go with physical attack (82 base)

#2: Set up revenge
calm mind, right? Well, no. I hate people who use standard sets that everyone else uses. So here's mine:
252 attack/252 speed/4hp
Jolly Nature
-Claw Sharpen
-Aqua Jet/Aqua Tail
-Zen Headbutt
-Cross Chop

Most swift swimmers... well, rely on swift swim. Golduck is able to be an effective counter as most of these pokemon have mediocre speed at best, and golduck, even with its middling 85 speed, can outspeed many common swift swimmers. After a claw sharpen, Golduck's Physical becomes usable, letting it attack its heart out. Aqua jet gives you priority, in case you are outsped, or if you just want a quick ko on a threat with low health. Aqua tail has much better base power, however. The other two attacks help with coverage.

Also note that Golduck can buy set up time when it comes in on a predicted rest from a hydration abuser. This allows Golduck at least one free turn while they switch. Also, watch out for floatzel, as you still cannot outspeed it without swift swim.

OTHER OPTIONS TO CONSIDER: With the accuracy boost from claw sharpen, Golduck's Hypnosis is usable. It can also aid its set up with encore.

Gyarados:
What I have for you is mostly a standard dragon dance set with one move that can help counter: Thunder wave. Of course, this is useless against hydration abusers, but most will fear gyarados for its taunt. With Twave over taunt, you can hit a swift swimmer and cripple it, usually buying you a free turn to dd on the switch. However, often you still will not outspeed. The main reason I suggest gyarados is for its bulk, and its abilities to go on the offensive quickly while remaining bulky.
Back to top Go down
Elements
Trainee
Elements

PostSubject: Re: Team Testing!!   Team Testing!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:41 pm

I prefer mixed Hone Claws =3
Back to top Go down
Barney Stinson
Trainee
Barney Stinson

Badges Earned : Twelve
Pokedollars : 1156

PostSubject: Re: Team Testing!!   Team Testing!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Team Testing!! - Page 2 Cooltext565344615

So I was thinking about a new pass to make for PBR and then I thought about the Lion King.
Here is what I think -

Entei - Choice Specs
Nickname: Mufasa
EVs - 252 special attack/252 speed/4 HP
Set-
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power
Extreasensory

Mightyena - Focus Sash
Nickname: Scar
Ability : Intimidate
EVS - 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Set-
Toxic
Poison Fang
Sucker Punch
Embargo

Espeon - Life Orb
Nickname : Nala
EVs- 200 special attack/252 speed/58 special defense
Set-
Detect
Heal Bell
Psychic
Grass Knot

Smeargle - ?
Nickname : Timon
EVS ?
SET -
Help with this one, please! No smogon sets. Smile

Mamoswine - ?
Nickname: Pumbaa
EVS: ?
SET - ?
Help with this one, please! No smogon sets. Smile

Growlithe -?
Nickname : Simba (Child)
Item: Focus Sash
Set: ?

Finish the set, no smogon sets please. Smile

This is just a team to battle on random wi-fi so it may not follow the Item clause rules.
Back to top Go down
Officer Jenny
Trainee
Officer Jenny

Badges Earned : Eerie Badge, Titanic Badge, Platinum Badge, Grain Badge, Simple Badge, Psycho Badge, Venom Badge, Shocker Badge, Carbon Badge, and Heat Badge
Pokedollars : 779

PostSubject: Re: Team Testing!!   Team Testing!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Mamoswine (the set on my Piloswine)
252 atk/ 252 hp
adament nature
sitrus berry
-Reflect
-EQ
-Ice Sahrd
-Light Screen
Back to top Go down
Elements
Trainee
Elements

PostSubject: Re: Team Testing!!   Team Testing!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:36 pm

So you haven't thought of items yet I assume? Or did you forget them?

For Growlithe I suggest:
Flare Blitz/Fire Fang
Reversal
Crunch/Return/Bite
Agility

or

Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Hidden Power [Electric]/Hidden Power [Grass]
Reversal
Agility

Best I could think of with a move pool that limited.
Back to top Go down
PeregrineMuon
Trainee
PeregrineMuon

Pokedollars : 321

PostSubject: Re: Team Testing!!   Team Testing!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:54 pm

Actually, I might try a different set for Mamoswine. This one functions as kind of a get-out-of-jail-free card with the right support.

Mamoswine @ focus sash
[Jolly] [Snow Cloak] [252 Attack, 252 Speed]
-Endeavor
-Ice Shard
-EQ
-Icy Wind/Protect

With a spinner, this will get you out of some pretty sticky situations. The idea is to Endeavor when you know the killing blow is coming, bring them down to one hit point, and Ice Shard them into next Tuesday. The last two moves are kinda...meh. 9 times out of ten, I've found, you'll end up dying to whatever comes in next. If you're lucky, though, you'll get another hit in. Now, Endeavor is going to be a great idea in almost every situation (especially with hail or sandstorm, practically assuring a double-down), but just in case it somehow isn't (like if...for some strange reason...a non-scarf, non-balloon Heatran comes in), the last two spot give you some rather extraneous options. Now, due to the role of this Poke, there are a couple of things that you'll notice will happen. You'll get a huge opportunity to do some serious vengeance and come back with a one-two punch of this plus something like a scarfed Eruption or a toxic stall. They're down one of their most offensive Pokes, be it a scarf Heatran or a DD Gyara, and they're miffed they got cheated out of a sweep. There's a good possibility they'll keep going down the berserking road and send out their next offensive powerhouse, which may very well not be their best decision. Take advantage of the overextension. Send in something that can totally role over them or punish them with a status move from something that totally walls them. You have no walls on this team, so you'll probably need to go the rolling-over-them route, so I'd recommend changing Entei to a scarf, taking him off the lead position, and adding Eruption over Hidden Power. I've been using this set recently, thinking it'd be rather gimicky and underwhelming, but I was totally satisfied with the damage output. At max HP, you'll secure quite a few KO's.
Back to top Go down
Barney Stinson
Trainee
Barney Stinson

Badges Earned : Twelve
Pokedollars : 1156

PostSubject: Re: Team Testing!!   Team Testing!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Thanks guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Testing!!   Team Testing!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Testing!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2